This week in Singapore at our IBM InterConnect event, our WebSphere business made several significant new product announcements to help clients embrace Cloud, Mobile and Smarter Process. Innovations in these areas are transforming client enterprises by helping them anticipate with greater insight, adapt to change proactively and interact in entirely new ways.
One area of announcements focuses on mobile solutions. Customers are demanding a seamless mobile experience and the ability to transact anytime, anywhere. Any organization that dares to not provide a top-notch mobile experience to customers is sure to be passed over for a competitor that does. The new IBM Mobile IBV study found that while most companies recognize the need for a mobile strategy to effectively compete in the future, less than half of organizations demonstrate characteristics of a well-defined strategy. The companies that have a clear direction for their mobile efforts, are already outperforming companies that do not. Key mobile announcements include:
- A new version of IBM Worklight further accelerates service-driven application development
- A new IBM UrbanCode plugin for Worklight automates mobile application deployment and availability from development through test and production
Updates to the cloud portfolio address the application challenges organizations are facing in developing traditional on-premise applications, cloud-born applications and new mobile applications. These applications must work together seamlessly across a range of devices. IBM helps meet these development and integration needs with a comprehensive set of software, tools and services on the cloud. IBM is migrating the WebSphere portfolio of products and capabilities to IBM Softlayer and the cloud, providing organizations the ability to create and consume applications in the whatever way makes most sense for their business. The shift of WebSphere to cloud is enabling:
- Private hosting: Bring your own license WebSphere software running on a dedicated platform as a service – on premise or hosted
- As a Service: Pay as you go WebSphere software running on a shared platform as a service (public PaaS and BPaaS)
- Composable Services: Individual, high value services and assets that developers can access in the cloud to build and run next gen web and mobile applications
New process capabilities are helping companies to reinvent business design and process to accelerate delivery and increase ROI. Smarter processes result in optimized operations, increased business agility and better decision-making. IBM business process solutions provide inherent value by enabling a customer-centric approach to operations. Here’s what’s new with Smarter Process:
- A new version of IBM Blueworks Live on IBM Cloud enhances analysis and process summary
- A new Decision Engine for IBM Operational Decision Manager delivers internet speed performance with a minimum resource footprint
To find out more about these announcements and how they can help your organization get a leg up on the competition, check out the upcoming posts on the IBM Impact blog that will drill into each of these three areas.