As clients transform their businesses to embrace cloud, mobile, and big data – our teams in WebSphere have been relentlessly re-inventing our portfolio to drive new innovations in these areas to accelerate client adoption and value from our portfolio. We all know the many stories about tech companies losing their way because they “missed a wave” or missed a shift in the marketplace, and certainly inside WebSphere we are vigilant to make sure we never make that mistake.
Given the magnitude of the marketplace shifts – it’s incredible to see the evolution of WebSphere over the past fifteen months. In just that short time-span our teams have:
- Launched a new portfolio and brand for Mobile – IBM MobileFirst
- Launched a new set of solutions for API Management
- Developed whole new set of capabilities for Smarter Process – our business process software portfolio
- Invented and launched a new line of services for the Internet of Things – our MessageSight offerings.
- And developed new sets of composable services for our core WebSphere portfolio around WebSphere App Server, DataPower, MQ, and Cast Iron.
And the good news is that the investments and transformation of the portfolio is being recognized. For the first time ever, our WebSphere portfolio is now cited as the leader in five broad areas in the Gartner Magic Quadrants:
- Application Services Governance – leadership for our new WebSphere API Management, Datapower and SOA solutions
- On-Premises Application Platforms – leadership for our WebSphere Application Server solution
- Mobile Application Development Platforms·– leadership for Worklight solution
- On-Premises Application Integration Suites – leadership for WebSphere MQ, Integration Bus & Cast Iron solutions
- Business Process Management Suites – leadership for our BPM and Decision Management solutions
Obviously to be cited as the leader in all five areas is quite an accomplishment – congrats to our Product Management and Development teams around the world!
So what is better than a grand slam? I guest best analogy would be a five-point play, which is one of the rarest feats in basketball! Quintuple is the official word for “five of something” so here’s the WebSphere’s Quintuple Leadership!